Here it is: I have too many things. I have vegetable hobbies… things I do but that involve effort, aren’t always enjoyable, and lead to growth:
- Music (learning uke/banjo/music software)
- The radio show
- Running training and skills sessions for podcasters
- This blog/podcast
- Upgrading CSS
- The small web side hustle
- Thinking about pursuing a Master’s degree
- Woodworking and small woodworking projects
- Food-making beyond sustenance
- A long-neglected novel / other writing
- Freelance writing
And then there are the candy hobbies — things I enjoy, but don’t have any mental strain and frankly probably don’t make me a better person:
- Video games
- Comic books
- Crap movies (or even good movies)
- Non-educational reading
- Dumb internet browsing
Clearly, this is too many things. Equally clearly, I’m going to have to choose a couple of them. This is one thing the Full Focus planner was good for — making me choose a few key goals for a quarter to chase after, and letting me, er, focus.
So I gotta pick some.
For the new year.
Time to talk to my friends and spouse!